If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis and you need help go to your nearest hospital emergency room or dial '911'.
For further support you can contact any of the following hotlines:
- Dutchess County Helpline - 845-485-9700
- Orange County Mental Health Association - 845-294-9355/800-832-1200
- Putnam County Mental Health Crisis Line - 845-225-1222
- Ulster County Family of Woodstock - 845-679-2485/845-338-2370
- Westchester County Mental Health Association - 914-347-6400
- National Domestic Violence Hotline- 24/7 support, no fees, no judgement. Trained advocates 800-799-7233
- Dutchess County, Family Services 845-485-5550 www.familyservicesny.org
National suicide prevention numbers funded by United States Department of Health and Human Services – Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA):
- 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) www.hopeline.com
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255) www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Self Injury Help
- S.A.F.E Alternatives is a nationally recognized treatment approach, professional network, and educational resource base, which is committed to helping others achieve an end to self-injurious behavior.
- 1-800-DONTCUT (366-8288) www.selfinjury.com
- RAINN is a national anti-sexual assault organization, providing support for survivors and their families
- 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) 24/7
- Dutchess County, Family Services, 845-452-7272 www.familyservicesny.org
Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA) -Veterans can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press "1" to reach the VA hotline
Suicide Prevention & Support for LGBTQIAA Youth
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24.
call toll free 866-488-7386